Youngcare’s Home Support Grant

Support to move back home, or to make a new one

The Home Support Grants provide essential funding to assist people in moving from inappropriate housing, such as aged care, rehabilitation or hospital, into somewhere more appropriate. This may be back home or to Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA).

Funding is available for people with extreme functional impairment caused by a physical disability. This can be used for essential disability equipment, home modifications, and basic household items such as whitegoods and essential furniture. Please keep in mind we have limited funds, so we are unable to fund ‘top of the range’ items.

The Home Support Grants are currently open.

Please call or email Youngcare Connect if you would like to discuss potential applications and to request an application form – call 1800 844 727 or email [email protected]

Home Support Grant FAQs

I (or the person I am applying for) am not moving homes, can I still apply?

I (or the person I am applying for) have an intellectual disability or a mental health illness, but not a physical disability, can I still apply? 

Can people under 16, or over 65 apply? 

What supporting evidence do I need to provide?  

How do I get quotes? 

Who decides on the successful applicants?

When are the Grants open? 

When will we be notified and how?

If successful how soon can payments be made?

Can you pay into the applicants bank account? 

Is there any further reporting required?  

Looking for something?

Are you a young person seeking help?

What we do


Get Help


Contact Us


A huge thanks to our supporters 

Channel Nine
The Co Group
ALS Global
Network First
Stan and Maureen Duke Foundation
Betta Home Living
National Storage
The Walter and Eliza Hall Trust
Une Parkinson Foundation
Skip to content